Wednesday, June 5, 2013

An Accident

Hi everyone!

(I wonder when that opening will get so sickeningly sweet I'll finally cut it out.)

So, I noticed something recently. I didn't really know why I chose the phrase "blogging a life without words" for my title. Probably because I got bored and needed a title. But, besides that, it just came to me and I decided that I like it. It wasn't until later that I thought: Hey, isn't that like Job 6:24?

For those that don't know (haha, no one knows...), Job 6:24 is one of my favourite verses. I'm a quiet person, one who likes direction and knowing where my life is going. Being impatient sometimes got to me--it's tough! And so while I was reading through Job, I came across that verse and decided that I would memorize it and love it forever. Because I didn't use my current <3-ed translation, I will copy and paste it. But eh. It happens.
“Teach me, and I will be silent;
make me understand how I have gone astray."
(this is how I remember: Teach me, and I will be silent; show me the ways I have been lead astray)(I do like my version better.... but I'll stick to the ESV translation)

Anyway, this verse--as I look at it, anyway--it's about keeping quiet until God speaks to you. It's about waiting for His guidance, for Him to show you how you've been taken away from Him. If you look at Job's story, you'll find that Job was being punished for nothing. Job had been chosen by Satan to be exploited in a way--Satan had told God that none of God's people were really followers, and at the first sign of trials, they would deny God. God said to try it--have at Job. He gave over His protection to let Satan try and prove his point. In the end, though, Job remained faithful, and was rewarded. And Job had lost a lot--his family, friends, his house, crops, livestock--everything. Down to rags. And he still believed in God.

Job 6:24 is Job calling out to God, asking Him what he had done. The exchange afterward--someone correct me if I'm wrong--isn't so great, but that verse was awesome to me. Because we do need to pipe down and let God take over sometimes ALWAYS. And I want to be reminded of that, day after day. And this blog was unintentionally named after my favourite verse--because subconsciously, I knew that my silence wasn't a bad thing. Sometimes, you have to be silent to be lead back.

Cheers!
Jenn

Update!: Thank you, Clio, for becoming the sixth member here!(: Lotsa love your way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment