Sunday, June 2, 2013

Job Interview

Hi everyone!

I'm really actually nervous writing this post. But first, thank you so much to everyone! A while ago I wrote a post requesting prayer because there were job opportunities and I would've liked to have a summer job (at least). And today, my mom handed me a phone, I pressed it to my ear and:

"Hello! This is the manager at a fast-food restaurant more awesome than McDonald's, and we'd like to have Jenn set up an appointment for an interview!"

My face went from: :|  (mmm tacos)
To: :O

(my mom laughed)

I will be calling them back tomorrow and setting up an interview. The worst thing in the world is to blow that off, and being that it would be my first job (thanks, dancing! good to know you care to SUCK UP MY LIFE LIKE THAT), I want to be doing everything right. Come nine, I'll be doing it right. Until then, I'm just eating my tacos.

But, I have this huge dilemma. I have been asked to go spend the summer cleaning my great aunts house in the city. It's my home city, it's something that I would love to do. But I would be gone all summer, making this job impossible. I would love to go to Chicago, but I would also love to have a job--one that wouldn't just last the summer, but would go into the school year.

I'm just so unsure.  

My mindset: Here, I would have a job for even the school year. And that would be awesome (I like to have cash on-hand, okay? goodness... stop prying!). But I have nothing to stay for during the summer. I have no friends that would hang out with me. I would spend it alone, doing a few things here-and-there, but nothing major. I would be home, alone. Again. And going to the city--a huge city, filled with opportunities and excitement (and it's general knowledge that if I go, my relative would spoil me rotten, which has never happened in my entire life [not kidding, we've been poor forever])--gah, I'd want to go! Not just to be spoiled, or to clean, but because that's my city! (but we're not 100% sure I'm going yet)

But, thank you to everyone that did pray for me, I cannot thank you enough! This is a huge blessing, and I will do everything right. Hopefully, God will show me the right route. Until then, I will be praying that this summer gets worked out. God is great, and he'll work things out for me. I'm certain. :)

So many choices.

Thanks you all,
Cheers!
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment