Monday, July 22, 2013

According to an INTJ: INFJ's are Weird.

Hi everyone!

Welcome to Week Two of "According to an INTJ..." If you missed Week One--the introduction, you can click here! 

Our first type are the INFJ's--the rarest type (estimated 2-3% of the population), but the females take the lead (1-2% of the female population) while males are dwindling (.5-1% of the population). So, INTJ females are still the absolute minority when it comes to females! The males, though? INFJ's. My perfect "companion" type. *sigh* Guess who's never getting married...

INFJ's are prideful, first and foremost. No matter where I go in my research, this was one of the first things that popped up. The easiest way to figure out if you're an INFJ or not is to get in argument--if you're easily swayed, you're not an INFJ. If you stand by your info, you're an INFJ. Though, that is not the only way (or a good way). INTJ's also can use that, so you're only figuring out three letters. Which, ya know, is better than most. But, anyway, this pride is different than INTJ pride. INTJ pride is more like: THESE ARE FACTS! While INFJ's seem to be more humanitarian. (aka: Those may be facts, but that's what those people are feeling you terrible robot!) INFJs know that they have an amazing ability to tell exactly what a person is feeling and feel that too--and that is the source of their pride.

I can't really say much about that. I mean, INTJ's know their smart, and INFJ's know they're feels. Gosh, we prideful, soul siblings!

Another key tell-tale sign of INFJ's is that they are extremely sensitive to the needs of others. Now, don't think child-needs--think of INFJ's as parents, and everyone else their child. Yes, INFJ's may see what the person thinks they need, but no matter the actual need, INFJ's will always go with the route that is in that person's best interest--not always thinking about long-term consequences. This, though, sets them apart from their sister type (INTJ), and many others. They care, want to care, and want to help you--though not always how you think is best. This is probably because they're psychic. Creeps.

One of the most important signs that you're an INFJ, though, is that you become Extroverted...

when you really care about someone's well-being. I mean, seriously. This isn't random bouts of Extroversion coming out of no where, this is "OhMYGODS You're in emotional peril?! LET'S GO TALK! LET ME HUG YOU! AHHHH I CAN MAKE IT BETTERRRRRR!" (seriously. INFJ's. What's up with that?!) Though, if you're besties with an INFJ, that could be an excellent sign if they break character and suddenly are attacking you, wanting to hear about all your problems. That means that you both are close, and that the INFJ really cares about you (aw...).

That being said: INFJ's! RESTRAIN YOURSELVES!

Butseriously, please do.

What happens after an INFJ unleashes their terror love? Glad you asked!: They go into culture-shock and become a hermit. Okay, maybe not like that, but they feel incredibly drained. So drained, in fact, that on some sites I read this is sometimes mistaken for depression. And that's why it's almost vital for INFJ's to figure out their type! Because guys!!! If you go and attack someone and that's not normally what you do, of course you will go into seclusion to recuperate! And it's not depression! Trust me, according to all sites, it will go away after a while and you can embrace society again. (but if you hadn't done that in the first place then you wouldn't be having this problem, would you?!)

So INFJ's, in a way, are like a weird combination of Extroverts and Introverts. Only, to make an Extrovert out of your INFJ, you have to use this equation:

Love + Friendship = MAGIC!

It's like My Little Pony! Omg!

Anyway, I hope you all learned something about those weirdos wonderful INFJ's. There's a ton lot more I can go into that's factual, but here's my experience with researching INFJ's:

They're honestly kind and really want to help people out, even if they don't think about long term consequences. If I ever come in close-contact with one, I'd probably want pepper-spray on hand/will avoid any/all emotions (but, I'm an INTJ, so that's easy!). INFJ's are something to look up to, though, because if I have a friend who needs to let out their feels, I want to be able to at least direct them to someone who will understand them. I also think that as an INTJ, INFJ's are something that might be vital for my existence as well. While I'm struggling to figure out what I'm feeling, they could probably tell me like I could tell someone the Quadratic formula! And that is a vital tool for me, otherwise, I'd probably be rolling around in my emotions for a long time.

Also, because my reader base seems to be mostly INFJ, I think this also tells me that maybe I need to really let up on the sappy posts. I can't have them crying all the time... Just most of it. ;)

Resources below!

Cheers!
Jenn




PLEASE NOTE: Resources are not ALL verified because Myer-Briggs only covers the basics of a person, not their full entity. While facts are important to me, understanding the diversity as a whole also sparks interest because I'm not judging fact--I'm harshly judging all of the INFJ population on a whole. Also, there is still a lot of controversy, and if someone has an opinion backed up by some fact, it will be taken into account. The stats are non-negotiable, though. Because I averaged them. 

RESOURCES:
http://personalitycafe.com/infj-forum-protectors/72589-ratio-infj-males-females.html
http://www.capt.org/mbti-assessment/estimated-frequencies.htm
http://personalityjunkie.com/the-infj/
http://www.personalitypage.com/INFJ.html
http://www.personalitydesk.com/infj
http://psychology.about.com/od/trait-theories-personality/a/Infj.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment