Sunday, June 9, 2013

Packing List

Hi everyone!

After reading and reading and reading on the internet, I've found little to no information on a good packing list for long-period stays with family. Here, I've decided to list what a teen girl should bring with her when she's leaving for an extended stay with relatives, in order of importance.

  1. Clothes--Clothes are fairly important. You might want to pack a few articles of clothing you might want to bring along with you when you leave.
    ~T-Shirts (1-5)
    ~Jeans (1-2)
    ~Capri's/Shorts (1-3)
    ~Pajamas (2 pants, 3 shirts)
    ~Tank Tops (5-9)
    ~Dressy Shirt (1-2)
    ~Dress Pants (1-2) 
  2. Shoes--This one is an update! Sorry, forgot about footwear. For me, I'll need nice shoes and one pair of iffy shoes (for the convention I'm going to--apparently we're going to get messy?):
    ~Gym shoes (1-2)
    ~High heels
    ~Flip Flops
    ~Moccasins/Uggs/Slippers
    ~Ratty Old Shoes 
  3. Toiletries--Without these, you might as well not go. Unless, of course, you prefer to smell--I won't judge! But, if you'd prefer to smell nice and clean and look nice, pack these things!
    ~Soap/Body Wash
    ~Shampoo
    ~Conditioner
    ~Razor
    ~Shaving Cream
    ~Face Lotion/Cream
    ~Makeup
    ~Tampons/Pads
    ~Brush
    ~Straightener
    ~If needed: Washcloth, Towel. 
  4.  Technology--Ahh! As a nerd, I cannot live without technology. Okay. I can. But, it's harder because I'm an INTJ nerd who likes doing crazy things like photoshop, writing, music editing, stuff that requires technology. (hey, at least I'm not constantly on Facebook.) Here's my list of the technology-related things you might need on your trip.
    ~Technology Bag
    ~Laptop/Notebook/Tablet
    ~Phone/iPod/MP3
    ~Camera
    ~Chargers (1-3)
    ~Cases/Protectors 
  5. Misc.--Just a list of things you'd like to have around when you're not at home for longer periods of time.
    ~Medicines
    ~Pictures of Family
    ~Purse
    ~Wallets
    ~Pillows 
Can you think of anything else? Write it in the comments below! (seriously! I'm leaving in 2 days! I'd absolutely love all the help I can get!!! :D 

Cheers! 
Jenn

3 comments:

  1. will it be a road trip to get to family? if so bring an entertainment bag, that's what I always take.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope! I'm getting picked up by a relative and possibly staying with her the entire summer. What do you keep in your entertainment bag?(:

      Delete
    2. in mine I have my mp3 player/headphones, A notebook to work on writing projects, my tablet just incase I come near a wifi spot. If I have a really good book I sometimes bring it along. My mom also brings along a Bible trivia book that we enjoy playing.

      Delete