Thursday, March 14, 2013

10K in School

Hi everyone!

So, due to my lack of ability to write decent posts (apparently), and it being too long since my last post, here's a montage of things that have been on my brain of late:

Back En Pointe 

This was a split-second decision made when I decided to participate in my school's variety show. Originally, I was going to just do a ballet solo and call it quits. But then, my bum started to feel better, so I thought: "Whatevs, yo! I'm going to do pointe!(:" Which, for those of you who have done pointe, is AWESOME because it's not something commonly seen where I come from; but, it's terribly because OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OW.

Anyway, it's actually pretty fun once you get comfortable in your shoes. I've been making my feet bleed, though, because it's been a while and I've just kind of hopped back into the flow of things. Oh, and I totally am stuffing my shoes differently now. My old toe pads were horrible, and I now just use cotton--which is actually like, awesome! It's been fantastic so far, and I've been able to constantly dance for 30 minutes, which is way more than I was able to in class with other stuffing.

But, anyway, it's been pretty nice. I've started en barre again, and am brushing up on my technique again. Amazingly, it actually hasn't been that long since I've had a break from dancing--why does it feel like an eternity? I will never figure this relationship out. If I had a boyfriend, he would probably dump me because I was too addicted to dance.

My solo music: Paperman
So far, I've choreographed: 0:00
Yay? (and apparently, I've got less than a month! o.o )

Currently Stressing 

Yup, me, stressing out. It's been pretty bad. I've been freaking out in school, having one panic attack after the other, and feeling like the whole world was about to implode. Never before have I felt such freak outs as recently.

With that, here's some safe shout-outs:

My History teacher, who graciously helped me get a project partner when I was totally alone and felt the sky was falling on me (cupcakes coming your way!)
My history partner, who's been amazing and isn't just sitting there while I do the work. Bro, you're getting some too!
The counselor, who has ALWAYS been there for every breakdown. Like, I would be dead without her.
That Mexican guy, who's helped me so much keep a cool head. And who better be keeping my secret.
My penpal, who is awesome and just is awesome no matter how awesome she gets.
Those people that comment and read my blog because you all help me feel so loved and important!

I'll just finish with: I know I stress, but I appreciate everyone who helps me out so much. With dance gone now, it's been hard finding safe ways to release my feels. I'm learning and working on it, though. I'll get there, promise! (btw--I still cannot seriously dance. I'm still taking it easy because some of it does hurt still--and the stuff that hurts was the stuff that made dancing worth my while)

Writing 10,000 

Ugh! Why does that number seem so small? I did amazing! I wrote 10K words, all by myself in a few weeks. ALL BY MYSELF! Why does that number seem so small? Anyway, here's a sneak-peak at my awesome writing that is not so awesome: 

“This process indicated that they may realize their peers are being taken. What if they fight back?” Mistress Adams carefully picked up her mug, touching it to her lips and sipping it silently.
            “Shall they fight, we shall liquidate. They are our property, and if we must enforce it, we shall!” Master Toms banged his fist on his square desk, certain to be heard. There was a silence among the leaders.
            One man, tall, skinny, shaky, stood. He cleared his throat, “I suggest that we wait until they are older. Then we could prepare them to the upmost physical standards, and pick them when they are ready. We could claim a position in the city, perhaps?”
            The other seven turned to him, bemused. The second, taller lady let a smile take over her dark red lips. “It is rather brilliant. They would never see it, would they?”
            And slowly, the world many knew, had started to become undone…

Hope you enjoyed that bit! Hope it was super confusing. Hope that made that post long enough, because that is all I've got! 

Cheers! 
Jenn 

No comments:

Post a Comment