Monday, March 11, 2013

Irish Pride Project

Hi everyone!

Today, I'm going to introduce this idea to you all. As St. Patrick's Day is right around the corner, it's been heavy in my mind that I should maybe start getting ready--I am an Irish dancer! It's been a huge weight in my brain, mostly because I do have a healing tailbone and I don't want further damage. And so, this idea came and sparked today after blacksmithing.

This Friday, to celebrate St. Patty's day as an Irish dancer, I will be getting:

  • 1 Green Shirt 
  • Gold Fabric paint 
  • My ghillies out 
  • My poodle socks out 
  • My wig out (and all the accessories needed to put in the wig)
  • Green Crayola marker 
On my shirt, I will be stamping: "IRISH PRIDE PROJECT" on the front. On the back, I will be stamping the names of each dance I do (reel, slip jig, jig, hornpipe, treble jig, etc.). Because I'm non-competitive, I also plan on showing off my wig (it's been requested), shoes, the works. My leg warmers will probably be coming to school with me to keep my muscles warm! >.< 

Now, let's talk about what will actually go down--along with a more detailed list with what the items are for. 

Green Shirt and Gold Paint: This one is pretty basic--I will be putting a design on the green shirt. This shirt should be tough enough to be worn with a tank top under it and shouldn't be too loose. If you're worried it will be, best find another shirt. The gold paint will be used to put the design on the shirt (though this is subject to change--we're going shopping today). On the front, I plan on putting "IRISH PRIDE PROJECT". On the back, I plan on listing the names of the dances we dance in Irish dancing. 

Ghillies, Poodle Socks, and Wigs: These are Irish dancing BASICS! (unless you curl your hair--as I've lived through that nightmare, I totally sympathize with you, and kudos) Because I'm going to be celebrating my Irish blood through dancing, I plan on wearing these as well as my t-shirt. That means: sock glue! I'm officially excited.(: 

Green Crayola marker: I plan on decking out a pair of white-washed jeans in shamrocks and green accents. These jeans aren't a pair that I spent tons of money on, so I'm comfortable with them getting doodled on. And, the marker is washable (or so they say...), what's to worry about? 

Anyway, more updates on the Irish Pride Project later! 

Want more info? Want to contribute? Have any comments of your own? Post them in the comments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment